Jobs and Work Experience
Updated May 2019
Highton Veterinary Clinic
Due to rapid growth we are looking for 2 new Receptionists to join our amazing team
- Do you have excellent communication skills and like a challenging job?
- Are you able to multi task in a busy environment?
- Do you like people as much as you like animals?
- Are you reliable and willing to work in a team orientated business?
- Are you available to work evenings and Weekends?
- Are you someone with a CHEERFUL personality and a GREAT ATTITUDE?
- Are you a CAN DO person?
If this sounds like you, we would love to meet you!
Our interview process begins with an information night on Wednesday 16th October at 6pm
Please register at www.hightonvet.com.au/jobs-and-work-experience/
If you happen to be unavailable on this day please email a VIDEO telling us about yourself to email@example.com don’t worry just from your mobile phone or ipad will be perfect
Apply For This Role
A Veterinary Surgeon needed to add to our already great team!
Highton Vet Clinic is growing and we’d love an experienced vet to join our fabulous team!
At Highton Veterinary Clinic we live by our core values and have developed a strong clinic culture that means:
- Animals come first
- We’re all in this together so teamwork is a must
- Opportunities for Growth and Learning are available and encouraged
- We like to have Fun whilst providing an Exceptional Customer Experience
We are a fast paced, large clinic (that keeps on growing!) and are looking for the person that will fit into our team. At Highton Vet Clinic you will work with senior clinical vets with varied special interests together with associate vets at varying stages of their careers. We actively encourage you to continue your education through workshops, courses and conferences. You will promote preventative medicine together with healing. Your week will be varied with consults, radiography, surgery and dentistry. We also have an after hours clinic where you will have an occasional shift that brings an interesting case load. You are supported by a large nursing and reception team and will be part of a clinic that is constantly moving forward.
We are looking for someone who has:
- a can do personality and is optimistic about life
- excellent communication skills and finds it easy to build relationships with people
an empathetic nature and yet understands why we need to balance the needs of the Pet, Client, Team and Owners
- time management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks whilst still being flexible to cope with the emergency that comes in the door
- Full time preferred however Part Time would be considered for the right person.
To join the team at Highton Vet Clinic tell us about yourself and why Highton Vet Clinic is the right clinic for you. Send us an email or even a video with your story to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jennie on 0425 718 838 with any questions you may have.
You can see what we do on our social media pages for the lighter side of the clinic.
Highton Veterinary Clinic – WORK EXPERIENCE
Highton Veterinary Clinic provides work experience opportunities for students offering meaningful, relevant and practical experience of working in a busy veterinary practice. We offer short term work placements for veterinary nurses or veterinary science students allowing an insight into the industry and the workplace in their chosen vocation.
We only offer these placements as part of a recognised program or course of study and include:
- TAFE work experience programs or compulsory industry placements for veterinary nurses
- University professional experience programs or compulsory industry placements for veterinary students or veterinary nurses.
- Currently the clinic does not provide opportunities for school based work experience.
The clinic only offers placements from April through to October in any yearly cycle. We can accommodate and supervise one student at a time without compromising the operation of the clinic or the quality of experience for the student.
TAFE veterinary nurse students will be accepted for block placement and not on a day-per-week arrangement. University student placements will be to a maximum of 2 weeks.
Voluntary Work Experience
Occasionally Highton Veterinary Clinic may offer opportunities for suitable applicants to participate in volunteer work experience.
This occurs when a person volunteers their services without pay, for the purpose of improving their work-related skills. Voluntary work experience does not form part of a recognised work experience program.
All requests for work experience placements must be accompanied by the appropriate documentation from the relevant educational institution or organisation. To determine suitability for placement, applicants will be required to attend an interview before being accepted.
For more details please contact the Practice Manager at either of the following:
- Highton Vet Clinic, POBox 6285, Highton, Vic 3216, or