Jobs and Work Experience
Updated February 2018
Highton Veterinary Clinic – VETERINARIAN full time or part time
One of our much loved vets is moving back to Melbourne due to her partners work which opens up an opportunity for an experienced vet to join our fabulous team.
At Highton Veterinary Clinic we live by our core values and have developed a strong clinic culture that means:
- Animals come first
- We’re all in this together so teamwork is a must
- Opportunities for Growth and Learning are available and encouraged
- We like to have Fun whilst providing an Exceptional Customer Experience.
We are a fast paced, large clinic (that keeps on growing!) and are looking for the person that will fit into our team. At Highton Vet Clinic you will work with senior clinical vets with varied special interests to help you advance your skills. We actively encourage you to continue your education through workshops and courses. You will learn to promote preventative medicine together with healing. Your week will be varied with consults, radiography, surgery and dentistry. You are supported by a large nursing and reception team and will be part of a team that is constantly moving forward.
We are looking for someone who has:
- a can do personality and is optimistic about life
- excellent communication skills and finds it easy to build relationships with people
- an empathetic nature and yet understands why we need to balance the needs of the Pet, Client, Team and Owners
- time management skills and can prioritise tasks whilst still being flexible to cope with the emergency that comes in the door
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Full time preferred however Part Time is an option for the right person
To join the Team at Highton Vet Clinic tell us about yourself and why Highton Vet Clinic is the right clinic for you. Send us an email or even a video with your story to email@example.com or call Jennie on 03 5243 0077 between 9am & 3pm with any questions you may have.
You can see what we do at hightonvet.com.au or check our social media pages for the lighter side of the clinic.
Highton Veterinary Clinic – WORK EXPERIENCE
Highton Veterinary Clinic provides work experience opportunities for students offering meaningful, relevant and practical experience of working in a busy veterinary practice. We offer short term work placements for veterinary nurses or veterinary science students allowing an insight into the industry and the workplace in their chosen vocation.
We only offer these placements as part of a recognised program or course of study and include:
- TAFE work experience programs or compulsory industry placements for veterinary nurses
- University professional experience programs or compulsory industry placements for veterinary students or veterinary nurses.
- Currently the clinic does not provide opportunities for school based work experience.
The clinic only offers placements from April through to October in any yearly cycle. We can accommodate and supervise one student at a time without compromising the operation of the clinic or the quality of experience for the student.
TAFE veterinary nurse students will be accepted for block placement and not on a day-per-week arrangement. University student placements will be to a maximum of 2 weeks.
Voluntary Work Experience
Occasionally Highton Veterinary Clinic may offer opportunities for suitable applicants to participate in volunteer work experience.
This occurs when a person volunteers their services without pay, for the purpose of improving their work-related skills. Voluntary work experience does not form part of a recognised work experience program.
All requests for work experience placements must be accompanied by the appropriate documentation from the relevant educational institution or organisation. To determine suitability for placement, applicants will be required to attend an interview before being accepted.
For more details please contact the Practice Manager at either of the following:
- Highton Vet Clinic, POBox 6285, Highton, Vic 3216, or