Jobs and Work Experience
Updated November 2019
A Veterinary Surgeon needed to add to our already great team! Full Time Experienced Veterinarian
Ideally we are looking for a Veterinarian with an interest in Emergency medicine (Min 2years exp)
- Did you like the fast pace and autonomy of emergency work but are not keen on working into the early hours when everyone else is fast asleep?
- Do you like having your days free to yourself to spend how you wish?
Imagine working evenings and nights until 11pm and then having much of the day free.
Does that sound like something you could enjoy?
Highton Vet Clinic is growing and we’d love an experienced vet to join our fabulous team! Due to high client need we have extended our hours this year to include evening and night appointments until 10pm. This means our clients can visit us at a time convenient to them and we can be there for those unexpected emergencies. We are looking for someone who can work evenings and nights.
At Highton Veterinary Clinic we live by our core values and have developed a strong clinic culture that means:
- Animals come first
- We’re all in this together so teamwork is a must
- Opportunities for Growth and Learning are available and encouraged
- We like to have Fun whilst providing an Exceptional Customer Experience
We are a fast paced, large clinic (that keeps on growing!) and are looking for the right person that will fit into our team.
Although predominately working sole charge with the support of our fantastic veterinary nurses, you will be able to liaise and be part of a team with senior clinical vets with varied special interests together with associate vets at varying stages of their careers.
Continuing your education through workshops, courses and conferences is actively supported and encouraged.
We are looking for someone who has:
- a can do personality and is optimistic about life
- excellent communication skills and finds it easy to build relationships with people
- an empathetic nature and yet understands why we need to balance the needs of the Pet, Client, Team and Owners
- time management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks whilst still being flexible to cope with the emergency that comes in the door
Our roster is 5 days on 5 days off, Full time preferred however Part Time or negotiated days would be considered for the right person.
To join the team at Highton Vet Clinic tell us about yourself and why Highton Vet Clinic is the right clinic for you. Send us an email or even a video with your story to email@example.com .
You can see what we do on our social media pages for the lighter side of the clinic.
Highton Veterinary Clinic – WORK EXPERIENCE
Highton Veterinary Clinic provides work experience opportunities for students offering meaningful, relevant and practical experience of working in a busy veterinary practice. We offer short term work placements for veterinary nurses or veterinary science students allowing an insight into the industry and the workplace in their chosen vocation.
We only offer these placements as part of a recognised program or course of study and include:
- TAFE work experience programs or compulsory industry placements for veterinary nurses
- University professional experience programs or compulsory industry placements for veterinary students or veterinary nurses.
- Currently the clinic does not provide opportunities for school based work experience.
The clinic only offers placements from April through to October in any yearly cycle. We can accommodate and supervise one student at a time without compromising the operation of the clinic or the quality of experience for the student.
TAFE veterinary nurse students will be accepted for block placement and not on a day-per-week arrangement. University student placements will be to a maximum of 2 weeks.
Voluntary Work Experience
Occasionally Highton Veterinary Clinic may offer opportunities for suitable applicants to participate in volunteer work experience.
This occurs when a person volunteers their services without pay, for the purpose of improving their work-related skills. Voluntary work experience does not form part of a recognised work experience program.
All requests for work experience placements must be accompanied by the appropriate documentation from the relevant educational institution or organisation. To determine suitability for placement, applicants will be required to attend an interview before being accepted.
For more details please contact the Practice Manager at either of the following:
- Highton Vet Clinic, POBox 6285, Highton, Vic 3216, or